Sunday, October 2, 2011

3 Days and 250km later - the 1st update

I had immediately tanked up the CBR when I left the dealership, Globus Honda, on the 29th September. The tank took in around 11 litres of fuel and now, with over 250km on the odo, two bars still remain in the fuel display section of the speedometer console.
Bobby Roy, a colleague and a dear friend took this snap on the 2nd day and the bike surely shines ;)

I have mostly been riding the bike on 50% highway stretches and hence making full use of the 6th gear. The gear shifts are pretty smooth though I have learnt that being a single cylinder 250 and the way it has been tuned, the bike doesn't like to be below 3500rpm in the top two gears. The engine does feel as if its protesting and hence I am keeping her between 4000 to 5000rpm in 5th and 6th. Also, these are the speeds in 6th at the following RPMs
4000rpm - 64km/h
5000rpm - 82km/h
6000rpm - 99km/h
I also checked the speedometer error using GPS and the bike showed 80km/h with a true of 75km/h!

Mods
I have done one modification, which was important - the seat. I am 6 feet tall and weigh over 100 (as of Sep 2011) and hence the stock seat didnt feel very comfy. It now has more padding and does feel a tad better.

Hoping to reach the 1000km mark soon (for the 1st service) which is also when I head out to the Himalayas for a much needed break!

Here is another pic of the bike that was taken before the delivery



No comments:

Post a Comment